Dateline: Earth, 1999. An unprovoked alien invasion is underway. You, a total badass, don’t really appreciate it. In fact, you’re downright outraged. You won’t stand for it. You pack up some essentials–guns, cigars, whiskey–and head out into the night. Little do you know that tonight you will make history. This is: Operation Hardcore.
Operation Hardcore is an action-packed 2D side-scrolling shooter inspired by classic twitchy action games of yesteryear, but with modern touches and conveniences.
- fight your way past enemies using a range of weapons
- double-jump your way around obstacles and hazards
- activate your traditional plasma-based shield to deflect enemy fire
- drink some whiskey to slow time and increase damage (…at the expensive of mental clarity)
- strap on a jetpack and get airborne for some classic forced-scrolling challenges
- collect coins to purchase items, weapons and upgrades between levels
- meet or beat level par times to earn yourself a brag-worthy Badass Rank(™)
- grab a friend for some friendly and/or not-so-friendly 2 player local co-op
Out now for PC!
- 12 levels of fiery, bloody, explosive-y alien-blasting mayhem
- 4 playable badasses
- analog controls for precise 360 degree aiming
- modern sound design and electronic soundtrack by Snug
- intense 2 player local co-op
- modern particle/atmospheric and lighting effects
- persistent global score-board
- multiple difficulty settings, upgrade paths and secret areas
- achievements and unlockables for the overachieving, enterprising badass
PC – available now! (Steam) / Nintendo Switch – coming soon